Looking for ways to cut costs around the house this year?
Take a look at the following five ideas that will reduce your costs all year long. Try to incorporate more than one to improve your savings even further.
- Plant trees for additional shade in the yard – This can reduce the temperature and need for water
- Replace grass with artificial grass – You’ll save an average of 6,000 – 10,000 gallons of water every year.
- Third-party energy supplier
- Gray water for outdoor irrigation
- Address leaks and assess water usage
Today, artificial turf is much different; now, it’s made of space-age fabrics that can breathe and let water pass freely. While the thought of an artificial turf may make you cringe, consider this: the typical grass lawn soaks up 6,000-10,000 gallons of water each year to stay green.